Thursday, July 17, 2008

E3 '08: Day Th...meh, I didn't even go.

I opted to skip day three of the E3 convention, it just seemed like too much of a hassle with no immediate benefit to me. I saw everything there was to see on Tuesday, which wasn't much.

So, instead, I opted to go to the office. I got some work done, talked to some of my editors, and got my CD player (and the Tool CD contained within) broken by IGN's valet service. "I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance!"

But to keep this post on a positive note, despite the sadness and rage that was building inside me over my car stereo and CD, I ventured to downtown L.A. to attend Harmonix's Rock Band Bash at the Orpheum theater. I arrived to find the lobby of the theater a madhouse, filled to the brim with industry geeks all dressed up. Throughout the lobby and lounge areas Harmonix had set up Rock Band 2 stages where increasingly inebriated attendees could jam to some of the new game's "Meh"est tracks...well, at least the ones they chose.

But the highlight was most certainly that of the "guest performance" by The Who! I was somewhere around the 10th row in this tiny theater, getting my socks thoroughly rocked off by a pair of rock and roll legends at a private event.

I love my job.

(Pictures provided by Xbox360fanboy.com and Joystiq. I forgot my camera. Doh!)

No comments: